We've been through some arduous journeys lately; more than I can probably write about in the next few minutes but maybe I'll come back and share some of the things I was journaling during the absent time from the blog. Let me just add this thought on for today's content...
If we believe that we should achieve, attain or have something specific in life, the best way to see that come about is to view it through the filter of God's word. If it's in the Word, then we can have a direct understanding of whether or not it is in His will. If it's in God's will for me, then no person or thing can stop it except me. My failure to live with his purpose as my first choice can derail me so much that I won't be in the path to see the best of life come my way.
When I'm not sure about something because God never talked specifically about buying a car for my wife but we're in need of extra transportation, my response should be the same.
- Be in His Word - Spend extra time studying God's word so we can hear from the LORD in clarity versus what the world's viewpoint says.
- Be in Prayer - We should be in constant and specific prayer about what we need versus what we want. Ask God for insight and wisdom into what is best to achieve His will and not our own personal desires.
- Be in Unison - We should be praying together for the same purpose. Come together as husband & wife, as a family or as prayer partners and pray together in one accord. Our purpose is to please God as good stewards with what He's provided (and will provide) so there will be power in the presence of the Holy Spirit.
- Be Content - Know that His timing is perfect and is better for us than we could ever imagine. Rushing into a decision without waiting for God's perfect timing has left us and many others in predicaments that were life long problems or major headaches. Know that the predicament we are in today is absolutely the best place for us because if it wasn't, God would have already moved us.
- Be Faithful in Christ - If we ask God for wisdom and clarity, then He will provide it. Look for the answers to appear through the word of God, through people who may be used to give some divine insight, and/or through the ministry of Godly brothers & sisters in Christ. I've gone so far as to pray that God would give a mechanic some divine insight into the situation and make it so clear that I could never doubt the oddity of his comments.
- Be Courageous - Have the courage to act on what miracles and insights God prepares along the way. Have faith that if God shared His direction through someone and we act according to that knowledge, God has always been and will continue to be faithful to fulfill His promises as written in scripture.
- Be Honest - Don't take credit after the blessing has come. Give all the glory and honor to the Father who provided for loved ones. Share the testimony when someone mentions your blessing.